Ph 1300 543 862
1. What is the maximum working height?
25 meters (82 foot) with our new Spider Lift and 19 meters (64 foot) with our Small Truck.
2. What is the maximum working reach (sideways)?
13 meters, with our new Spider Lift and 9.5 meters with the Small Truck.
Note: maximum reach cannot be achieved at full height. Please ask if more technical information is required.
3. What is the maximum load?
Most of our lifts are 2 persons' lift. That means they can carry between 200 & 230 kgs (i.e. 2 x 95 kg persons, plus 40 kg of tools) Depending on the Lift some Load restrictions may apply. It's always best to confirm when booking.
4. Where does Liftman operate?
Mainly Melbourne Metropolitan area, but we are happy to travel further afield should that be required.
5. Will someone else drive the lift?
Yes. Our lifts come to you with an operator who will safely set up and operate the lift for you.
6. Are Liftman operators qualified?
Yes. Our Liftman Operators are experienced and qualified and have all the necessary licenses to work at heights.
7. What does it cost to use Liftman?
- Our standard rates vary depending on the type of Lift you require (spider lift, truck mount, etc.).
- We have tried to keep it simple:
- We charge per hour with a one hour minimum for some Lifts.
- We also charge a small location/suburb specific call out fee.
- An additional fee may apply on Weekends, Public Holidays and Night Shift work.
- But to give you a heads up... A small truck lift with a working height of 20m and 10m reach is $137.50 p/hr. (prices include the lift, the operator and GST). Yes, it is still cheaper than hiring a lift for half a day. It is easier, safer, and allows you to stay productive. saving you time and money.
8. Are there any additional costs?
Not from Liftman, but you may want to consider any possible associated costs. For example, if permits are required from Local Council, Government or Vic Roads etc., or Traffic Management if diversions are required, or a spotter if working close to overhead wires or power lines. These costs are not covered in the standard Liftman charges and are your responsibility to organise and pay for. But, we would be happy to help you through that process or at least point you in the right direction.
9. Will we require a permit?
That will depend on where we have to operate from. You do not require a permit if operating on private land, but if operating on public land, i.e. a footpath or the road, a crane permit or permit to stand plant may be required. We advise you to check with the appropriate authority first.
10. Can Liftman work anywhere?
You would be surprised at some of the places we can get our Lifts to and operate from. Although we have lifts, like our Spider Lift, that can fit through gates and get into some amazing locations, we are also limited by some physical constraints. Like for example, accessibility, terrain, unstable ground, and overhead obstacles like trees and power lines. So please discuss any concerns you may have with us and we will work through the options with you.
11. Can the weather affect Liftman?
Possibly yes! High winds can make it unsafe to work at heights and rain can unsettle the terrain, and believe me when I say that no-one wants to be working out in a thunder storm, but we will let you know if it becomes unsafe to operate.
12. Will I get any help with my job?
Our Liftman will work with you or assist you with the job at hand, wherever possible, it is a little bit like having an extra pair of hands. You will find that our operators are willing to help you, as long as it does not compromise safety, the lift or anyone associated with it, which is always our number one priority. Note: Although our lift operators are very handy and qualified, they are not qualified Trades people, (i.e. electricians, plumbers, arborists etc.) so please do not expect them to complete works that they are not qualified for. However, should you require a qualified tradesman to complete your job, we are happy to put you in touch with one of our colleagues.
13. Why use Liftman?
It is easy! Stay productive, save time & money, without the hassle of hiring.